Do you want to know how to play Rummy Game? If so, then you have landed on the right article. In this article, I will give a to try to explain to you how you can play the popular Rummy game.
How To Play Rummy Game?
If you understand the rules of the Rummy game, then you can easily know how you can play the Rummy game. Here are the rules you should keep in mind while playing the Rummy game.
- First thing first, the Rummy game is played with 2 decks of cards.
- To play the Rummy game, you need a minimum of 2 players and a maximum of 6 players.
- Now, a player will be dealt 13 cards to each player and the remaining cards will be placed on the table without showing their faces.
- You have to arrange the cards in sequences or sets of 3 or more cards.
- According to the turn, every player will pick one card from the remaining cards and try to complete their sets or sequences.
- The player who picks a card will also have to discard a card from their cards.
- This will continue till a player declares the game first.
So these are the rules for playing the popular Rummy game. If you understand these rules correctly, then you can play the Rummy game online or offline quite easily.
What Is The Objective Of Rummy Game?
Now, you know the rules for the Rummy Game, but you should also know about the objective of the Rummy Game because this will help you to win the Rummy game. So now you should know the objectives of the Rummy game.
The first and most important objective of the Rummy game is to arrange your cards and make at least two sequences and two sets in the game. However, the other thing is that you don’t need to depend on making two sequences and two sets because you can also make some other combinations to win the Rummy game.
To win the Rummy game, you can make the following combinations.
- Two Sequences and Two Sets.
- Three Sequences and One Set.
- All 13 cards in Sequence.
However, you should keep in mind that in all the combinations, you have to make a Pure Sequence for sure. Otherwise, you will lose the Rummy game.
How To Make A Sequence In Rummy Game?
To make a sequence, you have to arrange your cards with a group of three or more cards in a row with the same suit. Further, the Sequence is divided into two types which are Pure Sequence and Impure Sequence.
Now, let’s know about both types of Sequences.
The Pure Sequence is the most important combination that you should make to win the Rummy game. Without the Pure Sequence, you cannot win the Rummy game.
To make a Pure Sequence, you have to arrange a group of three or more cards in a row with the same suite. However, no card should be replaced by the Joker card.
For example, you can make a Heart of A+2+3, a Spade of 4+5+6+7+8, or a Diamond of 7+8+9+10. However, as said Joker card cannot replace any of the cards.
To make an Impure Sequence, you have to arrange a group of three or more cards in a row with the same suite, but this time one or more cards will be replaced by the Joker card.
So in the Impure Sequence, the Joker card comes into play. An example of an Impure Sequence is a Club of 6+7+Joker. In this, the Joker card will replace 8 and will form an Impure Sequence.